Junior Software Engineer
Junior Software Engineer
Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We currently have requirements for experienced Junior Software Engineers, based at our HQ in Limerick, who will predominantly be responsible for developing, enhancing and maintaining our flagship ERP software platform in accordance with agreed requirements and designs.
- Work as part of an Agile delivery team as a Junior Software Development Engineer, using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010 (C#, ASP.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server (2005 and 2008 versions).
- Develop add-on modules and make any necessary changes to our core product to suit customer-specific needs.
- Develop and deliver project updates to the team lead and product owner where required.
- Provide 3 level support for our core product when required, including but not limited to, investigating and fixing defects confirmed by the support team.
- Create and run unit tests, accurately record issues arising from testing and logging of any defects where appropriate.
- Proactively participate in Scrum ceremonies, i.e., daily stand-up meetings, backlog refinement sessions, team retrospectives by suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Degree in related discipline (Computer Science, Software Engineering) or 2 - 3 years demonstrable related experience.
- Experience working within an Information Technology environment specialising in software development.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, C#, and .Net framework or similar.
- Experience with SQL and Microsoft SQL Server or similar.
- Experience with the following stages of the development lifecycle:
o Design of data model and software modules.
o Construction and Testing.
o Support and Maintenance.
- Knowledge and demonstrable practical skills in
o Object Oriented Programming.
o Relational databases.
o SQL DDL and DML (complex queries).
- Understanding and appreciation of:
o Software Engineering principles.
o Software Quality issues.
o Working within a continuous delivery environment.
o Working within an agile development environment.
- High levels of drive and energy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Enthusiasm and general interest in Software Development.
- A passion for user interface.
- Commitment to on-going personal development.